Musty Odors and Mold
With all of the cold weather came lots of busted pipes and water damage. After the pipes are repaired, the damage remains. It is a common mistake to remove visible water damage but not to address increased humidity or water trapped inside building materials. This moisture creates conditions conducive to microbial growth and can lead to hidden mold damage. The best way to detect if you have a hidden mold issue is by smell. If you are experiencing musty odors it is likely due to mold growth. It is important to treat these issues at their source and correct them to prevent costly repairs and eliminate problems that can have adverse health affects. Home remedies designed to kill mold do not treat the problem at its source and do not remove the mycotoxins that make you sick. It is important that you consult a professional about the conditions in your home. Misdiagnosing the problem or paying for services that do not remediate excess mold can be very costly. If you have questions about a mold/water issue you are experiencing in your home, please feel free to give me a call at 865-617-0708. Mold is not regulated in Tennessee. Don't let your wallet or your health suffer because of this. Educate yourself! It cost a lot more to do it wrong twice than it does to do it right the first time.